I made this Ukulele for my little brother some time ago. He’s an avid musician and comic-book fan. The Bat-Symbol has gone through many iterations over the years, so I took some time to select one that I thought would fit the profile of an instrument body. I designed the body in FreeCAD, but due to the fickle nature of the software have since lost my source files.
The body is 3D printed in four segments and heat-fused together. The face is made of 1/8″ plywood. Non-uniform areas have been smoothed with epoxy and Bondo, and the whole thing spray-painted. The neck, fret-board, and head-stock came from a kit. Tuning machines and strings were sourced separately. It actually sounds really good. Better than my cheap commercial ukulele, certainly.
It has apparently broken since I sent it to him; the neck separated from the body and fretboard popped off. I’m getting the opportunity to fix it soon and plan to reinforce the neck joint. I’m also going to sand, repaint, and restring it for some glamour shots.